As the survey will be answered by large groups of persons Makersite stores two types of results.
- The aggregated results for analysis in the "customer insights" app.
- A detailed response insight into all specific answers.
In this chapter we look further into the "Customer Insight" app
EXERCISE: ANALYSE THE SURVEY RESULTS USING THE CUSTOMER INSIGHT APP
Task 1: Open the "Ball Pen Example" product group by using the search function and open "Customer Insight" app.
- After opening the product group through the search, it should be opened in the "Analyse" mode.
- On the upper left corner, click the blue box to open the app menu.
- Ensure that sub-point Business is open.
- Now click on the Customer Insight app icon and the app opens.
Note: The selection and availability are depended on your license and access rights. You might have fewer choices available.
The app provides an overview of the answers given in per product.
The table includes the following columns:
- Total responses
- Likes (%)
- Dislikes (%)
- Key features
- Average price
- Min-Max Price
Task 2: Group the count of likes and dislikes per product
- Open the columns tool panel by clicking on the vertical box "Column"
- Tick the pivot box and un-tick all boxes.
- Drag and drop name into row groups and % Likes and %Dislikes
- Click on % likes and change the setting from sum to count. Repeat the same for % Dislikes.
- Un-Tick the pivot mode box and your results are now set as wanted.
You can use the small triangles and click into the grouped results to see more details.
Task 3: Export to Excel
Now the pivot filtered data can be exported to excel with exactly the grouping you choose in the pivot mode. By right clicking into the data table a menu comes up allowing to export the data as csv or xls file.
NOTE: When opening the file later in Excel you will be asked if the file is from a secure source. This question is entirely normal and is related to the security settings. Makersite is a secure source and you can open the data without any concerns.