Products groups are a high-level grouping based on a comparable way of making them. Product groups are used in Process, contain substance information, chemical/physical properties, hazard information, GHS data…
Product groups are the central element of analysis and composing in Makersite. While we have more than 30000 pre-made Product groups in Makersite, it might be of interest for you to generate your own product categories.
Generate a Ball Pen product group
- Generate a process from the composer
- Enter relevant information
- Save and enter the product object
- Navigate from the dashboard to the compose view.
- The data entry window opens after clicking on Product Group. Now go through and enter the data. Please see some example information in the screenshot below.
- Additionally, Images and a “mydrive” folder can be added to the product group.
NOTE: The fields “Name”, Unit of measure”, “Description” and “Product category” are mandatory.
- The “Product category” is based on the UNSPCS Product codes. More information can be found here: https://www.unspsc.org/
- After pressing save the product page is opening.