Makersite has consistently integrated the GreenScreen method for Safer chemical. The method is designed to identify chemicals of high concern and safer chemicals through chemical hazard assessment.
A more detailed insight into the method can be found on https://www.greenscreenchemicals.org/method.
NOTE: The GreenScreen results are automatically added to Product Groups and Substances once a CAS number is added and the is on the regulatory lists included in the GreenScreen.
- Assess the substance risk for Acetone (liquid)
- Compare the Acetone GreenScreen score to the material Alternative Butanol.
- Search for the Acetone (liquid) data set
- Open the data set in the Analyse view
- Compare to other data sets (Butanol)
- MCDA results
- Please see the description of search function for how to find data sets.
- After searching open the data set and scroll down till you reach the Greenscreen list translator score
- In the screenshot below is the explanation of the result table taken from Greenscreen handbook shown. https://www.greenscreenchemicals.org/images/ee_images/uploads/resources/GreenScreen_Guidance_v1_4_2018_01_Final.pdf
- The risk type goes from very low (vL) to very high (vH)
- In the tool panel you can now start a MCDA comparison
- After adding Hexane to MCDA you find the criterion “Hazard (Dimensionless)” compares the Greenscreen impact of the two materials.
- The criterion is calculated by simply adding values from 1-5 to the risk types and adding these up. The higher the number the more risk is assigned to the substance.
- The approach does not consider different weightings for different hazard groups. This is indicated through the extension “Dimensionless”.